(1) These Standard Tolerances are applicable to the average profile. The extrusion conditions required to produce the wide variety of alloy-temper and profile combinations require close review between customer and producer to determine critical characteristics and tolerance capability, aggressive profile characteristics may require wider than standard tolerance and closer than precision tolerance may be feasible for other characteristics.
(2) The tolerance applicable to a dimension composed of two or more component dimensions is the sum of the tolerances of the component dimensions if all of the component dimensions are indicated.
(3) When a dimension tolerance is specified other than as an equal bilateral tolerance, the value of the standard tolerance is that which applies to the mean of the maximum and minimum dimensions permissible under the tolerance for the dimension under consideration.
(4) Where dimensions specified are outside and inside, rather than wall thickness itself, the allowable deviation (eccentricity) given in Column 3 applies to mean wall thickness. (Mean Wall thickness is the average of two wall thickness measurements taken at opposite sides of the void.)
(5) In the case of Class 1 Hollow Profiles the standard wall thickness tolerance for extruded round tube is applicable. (A Class 1 Hollow Profile is one whose void is round and one inch or more in diameter and whose weight is equally distributed on opposite sides of two or more equally spaced axes.)
Orange Aluminum App
The Aluminum RFQ was developed by Orange Aluminum for our customers to more easily and accurately communicate with our team to help find the right extrusions for the job. Whether it is simply locating a standard bar stock profile, or sourcing a custom trim for a new project, this is the tool that will get you the right numbers, right away.